Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday! with Martha Stewart's Scroll Heart Deep Edger Punch

Hi everyone and welcome to today's card. 


Today's card is a simple scroll heart border punched out of Core'dinations card stock and sanded.  This gives it a nice worn look.  I added some crochet ribbon at the bottom to add more vintage feel to this card. (Be careful of crochet because it can unravel when its cut.  Clear nail polish or glue dots will help with this.)



Close Up!

My favorite part of this card is the seashell. This is one of Fiskars limited edition punches with sea motifs.  I added pearls and a metal flower.  I colored the metal flower with Smooch (not the spray although you probably could spray Smooch onto a craft mat and use a paint brush.)

You can really see the nice distressed edge in this picture.

The Happy Birthday label is from an Anna Griffin card kit that I purchased a while ago.  The reason I point this out is that although we don't have a hot foil stamp we can cut up white (or ivory) card stock and gold emboss messages.  We can keep them handy until we need them.


Thanks and stop by tomorrow for another card!

Lis

No comments: