Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Scroll Heart Designs with Martha Stewart's Scroll Heart Deep Edger Punch(Kaarten met scroll heart punch)

Hi everyone!  Happy Independence Day to everyone!  Be safe out there!

Today I would like to share some designs with the heart portion of the scroll heart! 

To get my pieces, I chose my paper, punched the border and then cut out the hearts.  This is actually very easy to do with a small pair of sharp scissors.  The papers I am working with are from the DCWV line.  I am using lemon glitter and black glitter card stock.  Martha's punch works well with these glittered papers even though its an intricate pattern!

I started out with four hearts together and then added a couple.  Pretty!  I can imagine this as a center piece of a card.

I added some more hearts and this is what I ended up with.  Another really pretty center that would look great on a square card.

 I decided to change the color of some of the hearts and this is what I got.  Very pretty.


 I decided to see what other designs I could get and started with this line of upside down hearts.

I decided to add some more hearts and alternate them.


I thought this angled pattern looked good.



I added these lemon hearts to see what it would look like if I didnt follow the pattern.  There are possibilities here!


I am a fan of Lace (pronounced lay-SAY).  This is a European technique of cutting and weaving paper together.  I thought "well, let's try it with these hearts".


I thought the other was ok but I wanted to change it up so I ended up with this.


Because I am so geometrically oriented, I wanted to fill my page with hearts...so I did.

 I liked the diamond that was created by putting two hearts together so I put all my hearts that way.

Whew!  There are SO MANY possibilities just for the hearts that I could fill up pages with designs.  I hope that you take out your punch and start playing with the designs!  You never know what you will get!

Come back later for more inspiration!

Lis

No comments: