Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Geometric Designs - Triangles and Time

Hi everyone!

Hope that you are all doing well this last week in June.  I know that I normally post every Friday through Sunday but this past weekend was a busy one and I worked.  So, I am posting this week!

I love geometric designs.  Today's card is done with triangles! 

I really like the design.  I started out with 2 1/2" squares which I then cut from corner to corner to make my traingles. Then I glued each triangle to my next cardstock and then cut the mat.  Then I glued this to another cardstock and cut another mat. I arranged the triangles on my card.  I cut my card edge down to size once the triangles were in place.




Close Up!

The clock sticker that I used is really 3-dimentional!  It is fromt he Joliees Sticker Line called Parcel.  This line is full of wonderful old-timey, victorian-feel stickers of all sorts, even crocheted flowers!  They are really beautiful to add to any card.

I added a label (Spellbinders) and a few gems (and the clock) to my card...although the design can stand on it's own.



 I matted each triangle twice with two different sized edges.  How did I manage to do that EASILY?  I'll tell you.  There is a product out there called Perfect Layers. It is a set of clear plast "rulers".  The rules have an edge to them (there are four different ones to each ruler).  You but the ruler against the first paper and cut and you have a perfect mat each time.  I LOVE this product!  All you need is an x-acto blade (or one of those round blades that you use to cut fabric) to cut the mats.  No measuring!

Here is a blogspot with a short tutorial: Click HERE. (This is from 2007 but is a good pic by pic.  She talks about 2 rulers which is from the old set.  There are now three rulers and another corner thingie.)

You can find Perfect Layers sold at HSN. Click HERE to see that page. (They also have a video tutorial that you can see.)  If HSN is sold out you can try ebay.

I highly recommend this product. You will love it if you get it!


Hope you enjoyed today's geometric card!  Stop by tomorrow to see another one!

Lis

No comments: