Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Geometric Designs - Rectangles and a Summer Flower

Hi everyone and Happy Tuesday!

Today' I want to share with you another card with a pretty geometrical design. 

I love the way that geometric designs are so neat and balanced.  I used to do a lot of geometric art when I was in high school and I still love it today.

I started out with a single color palette of pinks and reds (mostly).  I chose two patterned papers and cut strips 6 1/2", 4 1/4" and 2".  I outlined them in gold then matted them.



I lined up three strips on one end and then was able to easily line up the other strips using the first strips as a guide.  For this type of pattern, it is important to be exact as any difference will cause the strips to not line up exactly. 

I added some petaloo flowers to accent my card and I was done! Very pretty!



Close Up!

I really love the glass embellishment with the dragonfly image inside.  It's just perfect for this summery card.

Here you can see the layers BUT did you know I only used two?  The faux layer is actually where i edged the patterned paper in gold. 


Hope you enjoyed today's card!

Lis

No comments: