Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Golden Glam Card with Martha Stewart's Scroll Heart Deep Edger Punch(Kaarten met scroll heart punch)

Hello everyone!

Today's card is GLAMOROUS with golds, browns and black. 

Pictures don't do this card justice.  The card base (A2) is of ivory card stock.  The mat is gold glossy.  The hearts are either yellow or black glitter card stock.  I used golden brown gems and pearls to finish my card.

You may have noticed that the center set of hearts do not have a center gem.  I didnt want to put one there because (believe it or not) I thought it would be too linear.  Then after the card was together I saw something. Read on to find out what I saw.



The center is a really good way for you to see how I placed the hearts together.  The top hearts are always pointing down so that the heart shape can be seen easily by the viewer.  I overlapped the bottoms of the hearts so that they made a diamond in the center.  I wanted to see the bottom flourish inside each heart so I made sure that the heart points didnt obscure them.

Close up!

This is a good picture of how I arranged my hearts onto my card. You can also see the placements of the gems and pearls.

When I look at the heart, I see hands placed together (thumbs up with the rest of the fingers together on each side in a line).  It reminds me of the claddaugh for some reason.  So to me, the hands are holding each jewel.

It would be really cool to make this card and put the birthstone color of the receiver in the center hearts. What do you think?

Come back tomorrow for another dazzling card using this super punch!

Lis

No comments: