Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Love's Key Wedding Card with Martha Stewart's Scroll Heart Deep Edger Punch

Hello everyone and welcome to another week's experimentation with Martha Stewart's Scroll Heart Deep Edger Punch.  This week has been quite a week of discovery.  I have been working hard coming up with many designs that i hope you will use in your cards and scrapbook pages too!

Today's card:  This card turned out really pretty.  I think it makes a lovely wedding card to congratulate the new couple.  It looks like a set of gates to me and the key to open the gates of love is hanging on a pretty yellow ribbon.  (I chose the yellow ribbon because in the USA it is used to show that we do not forget a loved one when they are far from us.)




I thought about adding the hearts back in but decided not to.




Close up!

In the three images below you can see how I built my card.  The far left image is to show you what two of the punched borders (without the hearts) look like.  The middle image shows how I placed four of the borders onto my card.  The last image shows the card with a mat. (I debated about whether to put in a mat or not because the borders without the mat are just so darn PRETTY all by themselves!)




This is a close up of the borders.  I punched each border (two in yellow and two in black).  I lined up the two yellow borders as you see in the image below.  I know they look like one punched out piece but you are looking at two pieces glued to the mat.  (I used glue stick so that I could slide the punched borders around a little bit to get them to line up exactly.)

I started on the left side of my card when I started gluing down the borders.



I like ruffling ribbon tails. I like the delicate and Victorian feel that it gives a card.


I hope that you enjoyed today's card!

Join me this weekend for more Martha surprises!  I know that many of you like scrapbooking so....I will ahve a few page designs to share with you using this great punch!

Take care, Lis

No comments: