Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

HALLOWEEN Designs??? with Martha Stewart's Scroll Heart Deep Edger Punch


Hello everyone!

Yes, you read it correctly...Halloween designs!  Take a look!

I started out with halloweeny colors: orange card stock, lemon and black glitter card stock.  I punched the scroll heart border and cut off the hearts. (Save them for later!  Did you see my post with heart designs?) 

This first picture is of the border without the hearts.  It looks very pretty.  Doesn't it look like lemon glitter pumpkins?  It reminds me of Cinderella's carriage.  The Halloween colors add to the halloween feel.



I added the same border in black glitter.  I slid the top border so that the lemon yellow glitter would just show underneath.  Do you see what I see?  BATS! PUMPKINS! SPIDERS!  Oh my!

Bats: Look inside the "pumpkin".  You should be able to see an orange bat.  The yellow and black glitter card stock outline the bat. 
Spiders: Look between the pumpkins.  The spider has two legs and is looking at you!


I like this border and decided to see what it looked like with two of them.  (The spiders look more like masks now.)


I added back the hearts in black glitter.  This would be good for a themed card like "black heart" or something.  Gold hearts would look good too.


I punched a complete border at the top of my orange card stock and added the black glitter card stock back in.  It looks ok but I think that the orange border takes away from the black glitter design. What do you think?


I hope you enjoyed my early Halloween designs.  I bet you never thought you could use the Scroll Heart Border punch for Halloween!

Come back soon...I have cards next!

Lis

No comments: