Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Texas Cactus Card

Hi everyone!  Welcome to November!  I hope that you all had a great Halloween last night.  Mine was kind of quiet.  I didn't really make many Halloween cards this year. I am amazed at that because this is my favorite holiday season (it's everyone's I think!)

I'd like to share this card with you. 

 
 
I have a few things going on in this card.
  1. I used the Frantic Stamper die Cactus Chorus Line to create my die cut of dark brown card.  The die actually cuts a border.  I have the positive space above layered onto my card (It's a border).
  2. I matted a lighter brown patterned paper on it and then a strip of blue/brown patterned paper on that - reminds me of the west.
  3. The cactus border was then glued onto a light brown and white polka dot paper.  This all went onto my card base.
  4. I used one of Tim Holtz Sizzix dies (Trellis Frameworks ) t create a dark purple die cut which I then glued to the card. 
  5. I finished with some blue/pink (they change color) bling.


What was I thinking?
Good question!  I really like my card.  The purple and blue remind me of the evening sky in the desert when the blue sky starts fading away and the sky starts turning purple and orange.  I guess I have a good imagination!

Thanks for stopping by to see my card. Leave comments! They are always appreciated!

Lis

No comments: