Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween Sugar Skulls Card

 
 
I live in Southern California.  there is a strong Mexican culture here including Day of the Dead where the memory of beloved family members are honored.  Part of this is the making of decorated sugar skulls. That is the inspiration for my card today.
Frantic Stamper has a great set of skull dies. You get three in the set, in different sizes which is great!  I used the medium size for my card.
I started by preparing my card I used a black card stock for my base. the orange patterned paper comes from KaiserCraft's Outdoor Trail Collection (which shows that you can use many papers for different themes than were intended!).  I added orange ribbon and another piece of card stock from DCWV.  I made the banner from Tim Holtz Banner die (Sizzix) and added some paper poppies to top it off.
 
 
I cut two skulls from red foil card stock and two from white shimmer paper.  I added them to my card with glue.  Now the fun begins!  I chose some Liquid Pearls and some glitter glue and started decorating!  I think I will make another card and use gems the next time.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my card today. Lis
 


 


No comments: