Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Stacked Hearts

Hi everyone!  My card today is a quick and simple use of specialty papers.  Specialty papers (suede paper, holographic papers, florentine, glossies, foils, yuzen washi, handmades, the list goes on and on) don't get nearly the attention that they deserve. Being a paper fanatic, I am fascinated by paper, how it's made, the variety in the marketplace today, and oh the colors!

I think we don't know what to do with specialty papers sometimes. So, I put together a little card - simple and easy and I used specialty papers!

Most cards I make are sized A2. I don't know why, I just like that size.  I read once that poems and short stories challenge the writer because he/she had to work with fewer words.  Maybe I like A2 because it challenges me with smaller space to make that big statement.

I started with a plain red card for my card base.  I used a Frantic Stamper die of all over hearts and die cut a sheet of pain white card and glued this to my red card front to form the base of my card. I wanted a plain background to show off my papers.




I have some Punch Bunch punches in scalloped hearts of different sizes and used my specialty papers here.  From the top: blue holographic , white suede, purple holographic, mottled gold foil, red suede, and the bow is made from copper crochet ribbon.

I attached each heart using foam tape. I attached the bow with glue dots.  I also added some blingy swirls.

Try some specialty paper and see what you can come up with!

Lis

No comments: