Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

"Art is never finished..."





"Art is never finished..." - a Coloring Project
by Lis Whiting

I've been wanting to use some transparency with my work and I thought this would be a good opportunity.  I like to work with transparency (the kind you get at Staples - nothing special).  It's a challenge working with it and getting it to combine with a card.
I stamped my images on my transparency (4 x 5 1/4 inches) in Staz-On black on the front.  It's important to use this because regular inks won't dry on this non-porous surface. 




I set the stamped piece aside and worked on the "coloring" of my background.  I am currently using Paper Artsy Fresco acrylic paints. 




I used a craft mat for this.  I chose three colors and, starting with my first color, I squeezed out a little bit onto my mat.  I used a flat paint brush and painted the top portion of my white card stock with my color.  I did the same with the next two colors, working my way down the card stock and blending the edges as I went.  I didn't want a "perfect" look so I was not too careful with my painting, allowing some white from the card stock to show through.  I edges my background in Vintage Photo.
I attached the transparency to my painted background with adhesive sheet.  Since I was not attaching my transparency with brads or staples, I needed an all over adhesive that wouldn't show.
I added a ribbon to the front of my card and used a lavender card base.
Thanks for stopping by!



Products used:

No comments: