Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Grapes






Grapes - a Coloring Project
by Lis Whiting

I had this beautiful grapes and leaves Frantic Stamper stamp and have been holding onto it for a while. I finally decided to use it but wasn't sure how I was going to fit it on a card.  I started by stamping it with Staz-On black on plain, smooth white card stock.  I stamped another image just in case I needed it (turned out I did).
I just got the new Ranger Distress Marker colors and I've been dying to use them.  I started by coloring the leaves with Mowed Lawn and the grapes with, what else, Seedless Preserves.  I colored the centers of the leaves darker and then spritzed some water onto a paper towel and dabbed off some of the color. This is how I got the shades on my leaves.  I also used Picket Fence on the grapes (just a few lines on the center ones).  I also dabbed off some color on these as well.  I cut out the first image that was completely colored and set it aside.
I colored one leaf and most of the grapes on my second image, using the same technique.  I cut out the leaf and cut out the grapes in two sections.  I layered the leaf and the grapes onto my other image with foam tape to create a paper tole-like/3D image. I edged my leaves and the stem with gold.

To create my card, I used some pink suede paper and die cut the On the Edge Doily pattern (Tim Holtz).  I also punched out a pattern with EK Success punch.  Lastly, I used some gold foil paper to add to my card.  The layers are (from top to bottom) patterned paper, suede paper, gold foil. I attached the grapes and leaves with glue stick.




Products used:

No comments: