Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lavender Lace Card with Suede Paper

Hi everyone!

I am so excited about my new laptop!  It's taking some getting used to, especially the typing.  I've not used a laptop very much.  My old computer just is old old old and SLOOOWWW....you know what I mean! So, this will be better I think.  How did you like my very first videos?  I was overjoyed with them - even though they are just beginner!  I hope to start doing videos where I give a card picture, the list of materials and you can watch the video and follow along and make the card.  what do you think? (I am getting better with my camera work and feedback from all of you! So a big THANK YOU! for that!)

I made a card for my mother in law (Ive been divorced for over 14 years now but she was always so nice and I consider her a good friend.  She is the most wonderful person!  So, I made her a card.  I am not the greatest remembering birthdays and anniversaries.  I always seem to be late with holidays too.  I'm trying very hard to change this but its difficult with my lifestyle being so busy.


 
 I chose a very feminine lilac flower design for my base and edged that in gold. This was mounted on a white card base (A2).  I use the fancy rectangles from Spellbinders to cut gold glossy rectangle and purple suede layers.  I used a purple ribbon and two shades of purple pearls to embellish. I also added a lavender heart shaped pearl.
 



You can see below that I mounted the layers onto my card using mounting tape to give it some dimension.
 


Thank you for stopping by.  Come back again as I develop my blog with videos!

Lis

No comments: