Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blinged Out Boo Cards

Hi everyone!  Well, we are getting closer to the "big" event. I mean Halloween, of course.  These past few years I have been delighted to experience Halloween through the eyes of my nephew.  What fun!

Today's cards are variations of the Gothic Boo die from Sizzix and Tim Holtz.  The die cut really needs to be center stage on a card. As you can see with the pictures below, its big.  I really love old gothic alphabets so this die appealed to me.

For all my die cuts, I cut them using chipboard.  Then I painted them with two coats of white gesso and two coats of black acrylic paint. I let each layer dry before I painted on the next layer.

For the card below, I sprayed green metallic Perfect Pearls to color it.  The bat is coated with Distress Stickles in red.  I edged the card with dots of lime green glitter.


 Close Up!



For this next card, I used distress stickles glitter glue in Walnut Stain and Milled Lavender. Remember that this glitter glue has bigger chunks of glitter in it.  It has a more old fashioned feel.


The spider web that hangs off the word BOO is part of the die cut.

Close Up!

I hope you enjoyed today's cards.

Lis

No comments: