Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 Boo Halloween Card

Hi everyone!  Hope that you are having a great week, eating candy corn and getting your costumes ready for Halloween!

Today's card turned out to be a neat kind of card for me! 

I used one of the Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Halloween papers.  I colored each section using distress inks in the sponge top bottles (red, milled lavender, peeled paint and weathered wood).  I edged the paper in gold and mounted it on a lighter orange piece of cardstock.  My card base is black.  I mounted the tag onto my card using mounting tape.




Close Up!

I love the way the bling curls around the tag and the BOO!


Do you have any bakers twine? I think I have a little bit of every color!  I haven't used it much in my cards yet but this is one card that I thought it would really look great in!  The twine is wrapped around the card twice.  I punched two holes in the tag and laced the twine through it before tying.


This turned out so cool!  I used the negative of the Sizzix die cut (31) and sprayed a copper perfect Pearls using the negative space as a template.  It turned out really great!  You can see the number as you turn the card. (It looks much better in person and you can clearly see the "31" on the card.  The picture is not that clear above.)

I hope that you will give this one a try!  Thanks for stopping by!

Lis

No comments: