Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

You Make Me Smile....




Hi all,

I want to make more cards with cut front panels so here's my first one.  This is not a new technique.  I really like it as it adds interest to a card.

Items used:
  • White border dazzles & Words (Hot Off the Press)
  • Bo Bunny Patterned Paper
  • Crinkle Ribbon in yellow from Really Reasonable Ribbon
  • White card base

The card size is A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2).  Before I cut the front panel, I added a full layer of paper and then another contrasting layer for the bottom 1/3 of the front panel.  Note - I added the postcards first before I added the blue third panel.

I cut the front panel freehand so I practiced a couple of times - because I only got one shot at it!  Although the dazzles were straight I was able to lay them down following the curve of my card without a problem, including the words.  These are pretty sturdy by very flexible.


Thanks for stopping by!
Lis

No comments: