Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Red Velvet Christmas Card

Hi everyone!  Today's card is a pretty red and white card It looks plain when you first glance at it but look closer and see the detail!

Materials:
  • card base - white
  • red suede paper
  • Martha Stewart punch
  • Gold border dazzles by hot off the press
  • embossing folder (I used an ornate rose pattern)

First of all, don't you like the Martha Stewart border punch?  It comes with a corner for punch around the page and its a large design.  I love the swirls and snowflakes.

I embossed the red suede paper and then added it to my card.  (So, the inside of my card will not show any embossing).  Suede paper embosses really well and creates  crisp, clean images and lines.

Here is a close up of the embossing. There seems to be a little white fluff but its not on the card.
 

To create my edge, I punched it with the border punch, then added a plain piece of red velvet underneath.  You cant see it but I did add a gold dazzle about 1.8 inch above that red velvet piece.
If you look at the card you will also see a gold border dazzle on the front next to the punched design.

Thanks for stopping by. COme agaian for more Christmas card inspiration!
LIS

No comments: