Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Butterflies in Flight

 

Today's card is inspired by the many butterfly paintings, cards and art projects that I'm seeing in the web.  I love all the butterfly cluster projects. Butterflies are so feminine and delicate.
I started by using Frantic Stamper's Petite Butterflies (. I love this die for two reasons: 1-everything is on a single flat die which means I can't lose little pieces, and 2-there are three sizes of butterflies!   I die cut my butterflies using blue sticker foil. I prepared the sticker foil by adding it to plain card stock and then embossing it.  I cu two sets of butterflies. I didn't use the butterfly bodies that are also on the die (how nice!).
 
To prepare my card, all I did was to choose a pretty blue pattern paper (DCWV) and cut another card panel (Daisy Circles) out of white shimmer paper.  This was layered onto a white card stock base.
 
I arranged the butterflies, largest at the bottom and smallest at the top, few at the bottom and more at the top.  I also had them flying slightly to the left.  I attached my butterflies with a drop of liquid glue in the center so that the wings could be folded up.
I hope you enjoyed my butterfly card.

Lis     

 

No comments: