Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

Peace, a Christmas Card

 
Let the holidays begin! 
 
I love making Christmas cards.  Every year I promise myself that I'm not going to buy any more papers. Then the stores come out with new papers and I fall in love with something.  Its amazing to me that the designers for these companies can continue to come up with such wonderful designs and colors!
 
 
 

I don't know that I had an inspiration for this card. Sometimes I just sit down and make a card.  Of course, Its always easy to create when you have great materials like the frantic Stamper dies! 
I started out with KaiserCraft's new Christmas Line: Mistletoe. It's very pretty, full of distressed red, chartreuse and blue.  I used white card stock as my card base and added a mat of silver glossy and then the "Tinsel" which is the name of the polka dot paper in my background.
I cut my trees from green suede paper (It adds a richness and is very suede feeling...if that makes sense.  I love it on my cards because it is a neat texture for others to touch.) As you can see, I used two sets of the trees.  One of the small tree sets I cut off so that I could have "little" trees in the front.  I trimmed the trunks so that all the trees would go behind my ribbon.
 
I wanted to use snowflakes on my card and decided on banners.  I cut my snowflakes out of gold and blue glitter card stock and red foil card stock. (These dies cut so nice!  Even my Martha Stewart punch couldn't handle the gold glitter card stock!)
 
 The photo doesn't do this card justice. The snowflakes are very sparkly!

Lis      

No comments: