Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Merry, a Christmas Card

 
 
 
 
I just love Christmas and making Christmas cards.  I really fell in love with the Ornate Chair.  Matching it with the Christmas holiday theme, of course it had to be Santa's chair!
 
I die cut my chair from red suede paper (Isn't Santa always sitting on a red velvet chair?)  I added a sweet Santa hat hanging off the chair back (also out of red and white suede paper).  I wanted my card's focus on the chair so I added a fancy frame in silver ripple holographic paper around it. 
 
 
I added the word "Merry" to the top of my card (cut from green Bazzill card). 
 
I made my card base out of white card stock and matted it with red then a beige glossy stripe card stock.  I edged this last layer with silver pen.
 
I wanted a bow at the bottom of my card. I used gold crinkle ribbon and glue dots to make stay where I wanted.  I added the gold pine cones and red berries, and then a silver bell to finish.
 
Of course I had to add a little bling, two lime green gems one in each corner.
 
I hope you enjoyed this festive card!

  Lis

No comments: