Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy Holiday Deer, a Christmas Card

 
 
This is a fun card that I made using the Frantic Stamper Reindeer Duo.  I love this set for two reasons.  First, I love the horns!  They are curly and so cute!  Second, I love that there are two deer in this set: one standing and one jumping (perfect for Santa's sleigh!)I chose to use only the standing deer.
 
To make my card, I die cut my standing deer from silver glitter paper.  To get deer die cuts that face each other, I die cut one with the silver side touching the die, and the second with the back side of the paper touching my die.
 
 
I used some pretty background Christmas paper with holly on it. Did you notice the white sparkly torn paper at the bottom?  You know what that is? It's FUN FOAM!  You can get it at any craft store and they make it in sparkle colors.  I got a sheet of the white sparkle and tore it.  I layered one deer behind and one deer in front. (The one in front had to be adhered with two layers of mounting tape.)  I decided to use some silvery handmade paper at the bottom also.
 
I die cut a fun swirl out of blue glitter paper and added this to my card (before I added the deer).  I cut the Happy Holidays from gold foil card and glued it to my card front with glue stick.
 
The deer just make this card.  I can see them being used for any season and for masculine cards also.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Lis


No comments: