Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Herading Angel - a Christmas Card

 

  
Hi everyone! Are you getting ready for Christmas? I am!  It's hard to decide which dies to use to make my annual Christmas cards. They are all so beautiful!  This year I am using the Heralding Angel die from Frantic Stamper on a set of my cards.
I decided to use a blue and silver/grey color palette for my card.  I was going to cut the angels from silver glitter paper but found this grey patterned paper in my stash and thought it was just perfect.  There is a pretty cut out design in the angel that I left open so that the blue mat could show through.
My base card is black card stock and then a silver glossy piece of card stock matted also, then this pretty blue patterned paper (kind of looks like a sweater, doesn't it?).
 
How I cut out my word "JOY":
I used Time Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Dies Alphanumeric by Tim Holtz.  You get a whole set of letter dies and multiples of some so that you can cut in one pass.  I chose the word JOY.
I placed the die cut angels on my blue patterned paper (don't glue yet!). I placed the dies for JOY where I wanted them and taped them down so that they didn't move.  I removed my angels and then cut out my word.
 
Now I glued down my blue paper mat and then positioned and glued down my angels.  The JOY really pops with the silver glossy showing through.
 
I decided to add a few music notes in silver glitter.
 
I think the three different types of paper that I used really show off each of the three die cuts really well.  I hope you enjoyed today's card.
 
Lis

No comments: