Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lock and Key Valentine's Card (using Perfect Layers Rulers)

Hi everyone and Happy Saturday!  Did you all have a great Valentine's Day?  I wanted to share one more card with you.  I made it using the Perfect Layers rulers, and Keys to My Heart Precision dies from Frantic Stamper Line.  I cut them from Burgundy suede paper (luscious!).  Enjoy!




Here are the Perfect Layers rulers that I used.  Mine have lasted probably 10 years or more!.  You can see on the left that the size of the margin or layer is listed.  You can do anything from as thin as 1/8 to as big as one inch (if you get the set of three - I have the set of two right now...but I'm thinking about it!).  The measurement in the upper right is the "edge" that you will use underneath.
All you do is butt or catch the piece you want to mat on the edge and cut.  Easy!


Here is the 7 inch set (which is new - I had to have them, they are working out really well for my cards!)  I placed my xacto knife in the picture so you could tell the size better.




 This is what the rulers actually look like. So , you can see what I mean by butting the edge of the ruler up against the piece you want to mat.  Then you just cut along the edge of the ruler and you automatically get the mat size you want! 


Don't think of this as only for mats.  It's a design tool. 
  1. You can use these rulers to create many designs on your cards using the matting system: rays, think about triangles and hexagons. 
  2. Remember that you can mat anything as long as the ruler catches the edge of what you are matting. This means you can mat punched edges.
  3. Experiment with HALF-mats or Quarter-mats (see my scrapbook page using Perfect Layers to get an idea on this)
I'll try to publish some more projects so that you can try them too. (I'm sorry about being so gabby on this product.  I just really love this product!)

Hope you enjoyed my card!

Lis

No comments: