Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Perfect Layers Part 3 of 3: Grandmother - A Scrapbook Page

Hi and welcome to another project using the Perfect Layers rulers!  If you want a set, CLICK ON THE LINK PERFECT LAYERS!  Fran carries them!

I am a bit of a tool junkie BUT the Perfect Layers layering rulers are one tool that I would recommend to everyone.  They are sturdy, easy to use, save time and help me to have beautiful results when I do mats.

I decided to do a scrapbook page today.  I found this cute picture of a child that I wanted to use.  I edged it in gold.  The picture is in black and white so I wanted to have muted colors, if any.


I chose a collection of Authentique paper called Autumn.  I matted it the same width on three sides but matted it much wider on the bottom.  As you can see in the picture below, I used the width of the ruler itself to create my very wide mat.  By doing this I created a perfect place for journaling.
 And here is the result.  Cool, yes?

The Authentique paper I used is really pretty. If you are interested you can find it here: Authentique: Autumn Collection - Autumn Three

 I used a piece of dark brown suede paper and matted the picture on it using my Perfect layers rulers.


Then I took some word stickers and journaled on the extra wide mat at the bottom.


I felt that my finished piece should not have a lot going on as I wanted to really accentuate the picture.  I added a single strip of gold glossy that I embossed with some flowers.  I used a border punch to make the ends fancy.

If you look at the photo, you will see that I created an additional mat using my Perfect Layers rulers, using the same papers.  This mat is only done to three quarters of the photo piece.  I thought it looked quite good.  I added some Bakers Twine with a bow and done!

The 12 x 12 paper that I chose for my base page is from Pebbles.  It has wonderful writing about voyages and Ireland. It makes a great background for a page about families coming to the new world.

If you are interested, it is Pebbles From Me to You Collection and the sheet is called Parcel.  You can find it here:  Pebbles From Me to You Collection: Parcel

Please stop by for more projects and ideas using the Perfect Layers rulers!

Lis

No comments: