Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Perfect Layers - Part 2 of 3: A Happy Brthday Card

Hi everyone!  Hope that you are all having a great week!  I am very excited to announce that Frantic Stamper is carrying Perfect Layers, a great set of rulers used to create mats with measuring - honest!

If you are interested in looking at them (or picking up a set...:-)  go to PERFECT LAYERS!


I've had a set of these rulers for many years and use them daily on my projects.  It save me a lot of time and my mats look clean and professional.

Today's project is a card that I made for my dad. He's going to be 96 years old in February (not a typo...96). 



I started with a Happy Birthday stamp that I embossed in white detail powder on dark brown cardstock.  I trimmed this up manually.


I wanted a thin gold border around my greeting so I chose some gold ripple holographic cardstock and attached my sentiment with tape.

 I used my perfect layers ruler and created an even and precise mat around my greeting.

I created a second mat around my piece of maroon card.  I stamped "wish" around the border and embossed again in white.

 I added a final layer of brown ripple holographic cardstock, again in a different width.


I mounted the entire thing onto my card (card base is dark brown) with a pattern paper mat. 

The various sizes of mats make the card interesting and fun.

Stop by tomorrow for a scrapbook page!
Lis

No comments: