Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Elegant Blue Valentine









Elegant Blue Valentine (February Challenge)
by Lis Whiting

I've been using a lot of suede paper in my work lately.  Today's challenge card uses a royal blue suede paper and gold accents for a dramatic and elegant card.
I started with my base card which was white card stock. I thought this would really show off the blue suede paper.  Since I am working with an A2 card, I cut my suede paper to 4 inches x 4 3/4 inches. Then I used the Dazzling Diamond Border die from Frantic Stamper to die cut the border design at the bottom.  Then I used another die (also Frantic Stamper) to cut the window.  I really love this die!  I don't have to worry about making sure everything is straight because this one die cuts out all four windows with no problem! 
First, I turned over my blue suede paper and used Red Line Tape in 1/8 inch thickness (it fits perfectly between the window panes) to adhere a 3 inch x 3 inch piece of transparency to the back of the suede.
I used Bo Bunny and Carta Bella papers and punched 1 inch pieces (four) that I then glued to the back of the transparency - the pieces show through the front window. (I used the red line tape again). 
I attached the blue suede paper to my card and embellished with gold Dazzles stickers and a fleur de lis punch in gold foil.


Products used:

No comments: