Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Beware Halloween!



Today's card is a pretty simple one to make.

Items for card
  • orange and black card stock
  • Orange 1mm jute string/ribbon (reasonableribbon.com)
  • Sizzix Halloween Words
  • Sizzix Bigz die - ghosts
  • Authentique Halloween patterned paper
  • white vellum
  • Charm from Idea Ology
One thing I did was to cut the word Halloween from my patterned paper - but only the bottom half.  I place my die s that the upper half didn't touch the paper.  I secured my die using stencil tape.

I also cut the word Halloween from black card stock.  After I attached my patterned paper, I added the word, fitting it into the cut space on my patterned paper.
 Ive seen this technique elsewhere on the web an I think its just so cool.  I could have added back some of the little pieces in the "a" "o" and "l" - maybe next time.

I added a little charm from Tim Holtz Idea Ology release this year and tied it on with the orange jute string.



Vellum is not new but I love bringing it out again and using it for my ghosts.


Another look...


Thanks for stopping by!
Lis

No comments: