Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Thank You Card



 
I wasn't sure what to call this design. It reminds me of old Italian or Byzantine.  This is, of course, one of Tim Holtz' new Frameworks dies - called Trellis.  I really love dies that have designs tat I can play around with and change to my liking.  I can see the Frameworks dies being one of these.
 
I cut the framework out with some of the Tim Holtz paper stash I have.  I also cut it out of some dark purple and also out of grungeboard.  I used the little pieces from the purple ad the grungeboard to fill n the design in my card.
 
To prep the grungeboard, I simply added Tarnished Bronze Distress Stain to it. After it dried, I stamped some writing in StazOn Black.  If I had to do it again I would pick a stamp that had thicker lines as it's difficult to see my stamped image. One nice thing about the grungeboard is that its thicker than the surrounding paper, so it really adds a nice bit of dimension to my card.
 
 
 
I used glue stick to adhere everything onto a navy blue card base.  I added the blue bling last.
 
I colored my label (which was plain chipboard) and my ribbon (which was white) with Vintage Photo Distress Stain,  I also added some touches of the Tarnished Bronze to my ribbon.  It created a nice shimmer to parts of my ribbon.
 
I added a gold sentiment (Dazzles) and done.  I am thinking of changing this to a Happy Fathers Day card.  It has a nice masculine feel.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Lis

No comments: