Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Celebrate!


 


I'm always looking for a way to make a birthday card a little different-looking.  With Valentine's Day in February and my dad's birthday on the 25th (he's 96 this year-wow!) I thought I'd try to do something in red and gold.

I decided on an ivory card base with a heart border.  I knew I wanted some gold matting and added some pink patterned paper (Bo Bunny) and some plain red also.  I used several Frantic stamper dies to decorate and the Perfect Layers rulers to make my mats quickly and ...well, perfectly ( no lie, these are great).

I'm a blingy kind of person and I used red glitter card.  I wanted a really nice flower so I layered green suede paper for the stem.  I really love crepe ribbon with its wrinkly texture.  I use it on a lot of my projects and I did here. I wanted to add something to fill up the right side of my card and thought it would be fun to have a set of goblets - to toast his birthday.

Now, guess what he material is that I used for a background mat - you know that bright gold, wrinkly paper?  It's crepe paper!  Yup!  Just like the kind we used as kids - except this kind is has a metal coating on it to give it that gold look.  I found this special crepe paper (and tons of colors as well as Desden Foil or German scrap) at Castle In The Air.  I like it so much that Ive added it to my favorites!

Thanks for stopping by!


Products used:

No comments: