Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Rejoice!






Rejoice!
by Lis Whiting 

This card turned out really well!  I wanted to use the new Angel cutting die from Frantic Stamper but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.  I decided to cut it out of gold glitter card stock and set it aside.  I decided on a a card vase of plain white and I covered the front with a white patterned pearl paper.  I edged the entire card front with one row of white pearls.  I also decided to add a little color and cut out some holly on a rich green suede paper. I attached my angel with glue stick (TIP: I dabbed it on  - don't rub or you'll get clumps because of the intricacy of the die cut.) I used the flourish from the cut out of the angel as the "music" she was blowing on her horn.  I added a few music notes (another great Frantic Stamper die) in gold glitter also.  I added my green suede holly branch at the bottom of my card. I used some red jewels for the berries and had a couple of poinsettia flowers in acrylic leftover from last year that I added.  I added the word "Rejoice" (from a Dazzles sticker set).  I really like the way this card turned out.  The suede paper adds a tactile accent and the two acrylic flowers add that 3-D effect I like so much.





Inside of card:



Products used:

No comments: