Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Sew Christmas!








Sew Christmas!
by Lis Whiting

I love collage and I love dress forms! So, what's better than to match the two up in my Christmas card today!
Card Base:
  • Normally I work in A2 - or 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches. Today's card is 5 x 6 1/2 inches.
  • My card base is made from kraft paper to give an "old" feel.
  • I chose a Christmas paper with roses on it for my die cut and an all over pattern for the card.  I found some white patterned paper that looked like old wood and decided to use that also.
  • I decided to use the white "wood" paper on the left and the rose collage paper on the right - vertically. I planned on covering the seam with my dress form
Dress Form:
  • Die cut Dress Form using Tim Holtz Sizzix die
  • Cover top with roses patterned paper
  • Cover stand with gold mirror (or gold glossy)
  • Cover base with suede paper
  • Edge one side with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain
  • Decorate dress form with white pearls draped on one side
  • Add small white crochet doily on lower left side - add a fancy button and glue a white pearl in the middle
  • Mount Dress form onto card with foam tape -over the seam between the two paper mats.
Pie Plate:


  • The pie plate is made from Frantic stamper's own die - the Parisian Lamp Post.  This die is amazing and can be used for so many things - my pie plate, a candelabra, a sign post - wow!
  • To make my pie plate, I cut off the three candle sconces. I cut below the first "bulge" in the stem. I cut the very flat part of the base off. I cut just above the first indentation at the bottom.  I glued the two pieces together with a glue dot. I trimmed the bottom piece stem edges just a little so they were a little thinner.
  • Although there is a seam, I did nothing with it. I used stardream gold paper and the seam is almost invisible.
The rest is decoration which I had fun with using Dazzles gold borders. 
I hope you try out this card!  Thanks for stopping by!



Products used:

No comments: