Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

A Little Birdhouse - A Home Decor Project

Today I would like to share with you a cute Birdhouse that I decorated with the new Authentique Renew Collection. 


I purchased a plain wood birdhouse from Michaels for a dollar (can you imagine!).  The birdhouse stands about 6 inches tall by3 inches deep by about 3 inches wide depending on where you take your measurements.
Materials:
  • Authentique Renew Collection papers
  • Dictionary pages
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush
  • Green Leaf Ribbon
  • Paper Flowers
  • White Pearls
Steps:
  1. I started with the roof.  I painted a thin layer of mod podge then added my dictionary pages.  I added another layer of mod podge over the dictionary paper. (Note: I added my pages from the bottom up.  The two pages met at the top of the roof where I glued them together with the mod podge - rather than cutting them off.  After I dried the roof with my heat gun, I took some decorator scissors and cut the roof top paper about 1/4 inch above the point of the roof which gave it a neat patterned edge.
  2. I proceeded with the base and the underside of the roof, using the same process as I did for the roof.
  3. I measured each side of the birdhouse and cut pieces of Renew (I love the pretty yellow flowers!). I used mod podge on each side of the house and then added the paper. I did NOT add a layer of mod podge on top of these papers.
    • The front piece was a little tricky because of the hole and perch.  I used an xacto blade to cut out the hole and a hole for the perch to pop through.
    • Once the front piece was attached, I used the Stella and Rose Gertie Clear Stamps and Archival Ink in Coffee to stamp a doily pattern around the birdhouse entrance. Click HERE to see the stamps. 

          1. I took some clear scotch tape and put it on some dictionary pages. I pulled off the scotch tape which now had the dictionary pages.  I added this decoration around the base of my birdhouse.


          I added green leaf ribbon and flowers with a hot glue gun.  I added adhesive pearls to the center of the flowers.



          This little birdhouse will be decorating my office at work.  It is a great Spring project.  I hope you will try it!
          Thanks for stopping by!
          Lis










          No comments: