Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Cards - Over the River...A Card for Grandma

When I was in Elementary School, we would sing songs around Thanksgiving and one of the ones I remember quite clearly (even the old book we read the lyrics from ) inspired me to make a card.  I don't remember the title of the song but here are the lyrics I DO remember!

Over the river and through the woods
To Grandmother's house we go
The horse knows the way to follow the sleigh
Through the white and drifting snow

Over the river and through the woods
Now grandmother's house I spy
Hurrah for the fun the pudding's done
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie!

There are only a couple of the stanzas.  I know the song had a lot more (and I am pretty sure that some of the above isn't quite right either! But you get the idea.)

Today's card dedicated to all the grandparents out there who make such wonderful memories for their grandchildren! Thank You!




Close Up!

Here you can see the dymo labels, the bright red ribbon and the "25" which is in white glitter cardstock.

I needed to use a glittered cardstock that would contrast well and had this grey-green kind.  I did do the car in gold.  I tore my papers but didn't edge them with anything, preferring to keep the white.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and a little reminiscing!

Lis

No comments: