Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Cards - Cardinal

Today's card is one I have been wanting to make for a month or so. 

I've been searching for the Martha Stewart Holiday Cardinal Punch.  Unfortunately it's sold out! I found a similar punch that McGill makes of a bird.  Stampin Up also makes one with a separate wing as part of the punch also (this is what made the MS punch special).  So, I created this card.

I added some black dots by the cardinal for seeds.


The cardinal is attached using mounting tape.

Close Up!

Here is my little cardinal!  I did the wing out of red glitter paper.  The body is punched out of gold foiled music paper.  I made the cardinal by punching an extra wing and gluing the tip to the back of the head to make my "cardinal".  Stampin Up website had a tutorial on it and it looks good!



Although my background papers were glittered, I added additional stickles glitter glue around one tree and behind to give more dimension. I also edged the back torn edge in the same glitter glue.

 I cut one tree shorter (same die cuts) and layered them here.


I hope you liked my little cardinal card.

Have a Merry Christmas!
Lis

No comments: