Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Card - Peace

Today is the last Christmas Card!  I never get tired of making Christmas cards. I love the colors be they bright and cheery or dark and classic.

Today's card is also my wish for the world: Peace.

I really like the way that this card turned out.  I was planning on sending this to my dad in New York.  I like the way the swirl and the snowflake are on the card - reminds me of a gust of wind.  I love the blue tinsel!


I added three blue gems in the lower right to help balance the card a bit more.



Close Up!

I used one of Tim Holtz' techniques that he used in his 12 Tags of Christmas: Glossy Accents on top of cardstock letters to make them dimensional.



This is a die cut from TH Festive Greenery (Sizzix).   I added some Stickles Crystal Glitter glue.


Another tip from Tim: To make this snowflake pop, I punched one from dark brown cardstock and then one from the ice blue glitter cardstock (Martha Stewart of course!).  I offset the brown paper beneath the glitter cardstock to create a shadow effect.


I love this min tinsel!

This is the embossed image on the inside of this card.  It's amazing what you can see after you take the picture!  I never saw the smudge (and I'm a decent embosser too!).

Hope you liked this final card!  On to a couple of New Years Cards and then the New Year!

Woo hoo!!

Lis

No comments: