Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Cards - Christmas Night

Hi everyone and welcome to another week of Christmas Card Inspriation!

Today's card was inspired by my childhood experience of winter.  I grew up in upstate New York.  We had lots of snow and I lived not quite in the city (pre-suburbs!).  I used to love to take walks at night after a fresh snowfall.  The snow would be on the ground sparkling white and stars would be glittering against a midnight blue sky.  It was always so quiet. I loved those times.

So, in honor of those peaceful times, I would like to share "Christmas Night."

I made two cards (as you can see below).  I really like the deer looking at my "star".  I thought using silver glitter cardstock in back of the white would give the overall appearance some depth.  I didn't use a white glitter deer because I didn't think the deer would show up well.


Close Up!

I really love the way Tim Holtz designed this deer die.



His tree die isn't bad either!
I hope you enjoyed today's cards.  Please consider joining my following or leaving a message.

Thank you!
Lis

No comments: