Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sunflower Card

I thought I would share this card with you. It is not Christmas (thought you would need a break...LOL).

The card base is ivory and the embossed mat is canyon brown cover by Neenah (Kelly Paper).  This is actually 2 sunflowers. The top one is attached using mounting tape.


The center of my flower:
1. I cut out the center from the 2nd flower.
2. I painted it with thick glue.
3. I adhered gold micro beads, let it dry and then attached to the center of my flower.


Close Up!

The sunflower image came from a computer image that I printed and cut out. I printed and cut two flowers, layering one on top of the other. Before layering:
1. I took a Versamark pen and gold embossed all the petals.
2. I used different colors of embossing powder on the various petals of the second flower, "coloring" it.
The colors I used were lapis blue, silver, pale gold and Worn Lipstick (distress EP).

These leaves are from a package of leaves I've had hanging around for quite a while.  They have wire stems which is nice. it makes it easy to mold them.

I hope that you enjoyed the card!

Lis

No comments: