Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Asian Influence Cards - Tree and Crane

Hello everyone!  I hope that you are all having a safe and productive week!

I call today's card "Tree and Crane". 

I used a soft flash so that you could see the gold cranes pattern on the paper.  The red background is also very glittery.  It's the kind of "glittery" you might see if you used glitter embossing powder.  It's very fine.  The flowers on the tree are also outlined in gold.


I used another washi paper with a flower pattern in greens and blues for the tree. You may recognize the tree as one of the Tim Holtz dies, and you'd be right!  (I glued the washi paper to white cardstock to make it sturdier before I actually die cut it.)  After I die cut the tree, I glued it to black cardstock (epic black, my favorite!).  I used an xacto blade and cut around the tree to create a border.  I attached the tree to my card with mounting tape.



Close up!
Here is a close up of the bow and pearls.  I added an ivory bow with gold detail.  The pearls make a nice accent.  You can also see the cut edge of the black cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed today's card. Come back for more Asian Influenced cards!

Lis

No comments: