Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Asian Influence Cards - Panel and Leaf Card

I really like to do panels with washi paper.  Panels seem to evoke an Asian feel to them. 

The card that I am sharing today uses three different washi paper patterns.  The background is white cardstock that is embossed and edged in gold.





Close up!

I like adding pearls to Asian designs.  The pearls below are held by two embossed leaves.  I made the leaves by using a set of punch and emboss punches by Nellie Snellen (Frantic Stamper has them: http://www.franticstamper.com/dutchpunch.htm.)  They are pretty interesting. First you punch out your leaf, then you put the leaf in another punch which is actually an embosser.  I lightly sprayed a fine mist on the punched pieces before embossing them to make them easier to emboss.  They turned out really nice, don't you think?


I am working on one final Asian Influence card so stop by again.  I should have it finished  by Friday!

Lis

No comments: