Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Asian Influence Cards - Cat and Lily

Hello everyone and Happy Saturday!

You can find yuzen washi papers patterns of cats. One paw is up, and the cat usually symbolizes good luck. I must admit that I like the papers but I find it hard to work with larger patterns and prints.  Today's card has such a cat pattern on it.  Hope you like it!



The ribbon I used is from Mays Arts (I love their ribbons!)  It is orange but goes well with this card.  I think that a lot of the reds that are used in washi papers have a lot of orange in them.  This ribbon seems to go well though!



Close up!

I love brass charms!  This lily is about two inches tall so its larger than what I normally can afford.  But it's SO pretty!  I got this charm from a website called http://www.fancifuls.com/ .  They have a super collection of raw brass charms and the prices are really very good.

You  will also see (on the right side of this picture) that I punched a border pattern out of gold glossy and added that.
 
Hope you liked my card today~!  Stop again because I have more!

Lis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This card would also look nice horizontally, although the lily might not fit.