Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Asian Influence Cards - Asian Card with Pearl Spray

Hello everyone! Today I am excited to share with you a card with wonderful yuzen washi paper in red, black and gold.  The entire paper is covered in a glittery gold.  It's impossible to take a really good picture of this card and paper.  You don't really get to see how rich-looking and color-intense this paper really is.  I hope that what you do see will please you.

Asian Card with Pearl Spray:

The base card is white.  The yuzen washi paper is mounted on black card stock.  I used the Perfect Layers rulers in the smallest border size to create the mat for all three pieces.



This is a much better view of the card.  You can see how I attached the two strips on the left with mounting tape to add dimension.
 Close Up!


I attached the pearl strands between the two strips of mounted paper.  I turned over the top strip and added my mounting tape.  I took off the protective paper from the mounting strip exposing the sticky side.  I trimmed my pearl sprays.  One at a time, I added them to the sticky back of the mounting tape.  Then I attached the top strip to the larger strip.

The delicate ivory organza ribbon I used has a gold edge to it. It complements the gold in the paper nicely.



I hope that you enjoyed today's card.  Come back for more Asian Influence!

Lis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This card is really beautiful. I like the colors, pearls and really everything about it.