Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Note about Supplies (and where I get mine)

We all like our supplies.  And when we find a really good source (or a really good material), we like to share with everyone!


YUZEN WASHI PAPERS:
The yuzen washi paper that I buy is from a company called Jun-Gifts.  This company is located in Japan.  They have a fairly extensive collection of washi papers to choose from.  The price for a PARENT sheet (which is how they sell their papers) is between $6-$8 usually.  This is very inexpensive for handmade (or even machined -but hand decorated) Japanese papers.  They are very good about shipping.  They have a minimum of three sheets of yuzen washi (or about $21 an order).

Note:  A PARENT sheet is a really big sheet of paper, usually 24 to 27 inches by 36 inches.

If you go to Jun-Gifts, they have a WHOLE LOT of stuff.  (Try not to get distracted.  Just keep repeating "I'm here for the paper..."I'm here for the paper...)


White Card stock for card bases:

I use Diamond White card stock that I get from Kelly Paper.  It is a bright white #80 (80 pound) card stock.  I actually buy a ream of it from a stamping and scrapbooking store in Fairfield California called Mainely Stampin' (the owners come from Maine).  They buy in bulk from Kelly Paper.

The black card stock I use is also from Kelly Paper. I buy from them directly. This is a beautiful linen paper. The color is called Epic Black and is probably the best black I've ever seen.  It's a very rich, deep and pure black card stock.  It is offered in text weight (you don't want this - its copier paper weight) and in "COVER" which is the cardstock weight that I get.

The brand (or company) that Kelly gets this black paper from is called NEENAH.  They have a line called "LINEN" and it comes in some beautiful shades including my favorite black, red, Baronial Ivory (this is the ivory I use for my base cards), white, a light blue and a green.  What makes this paper so great is the linen texture.  It has a really rich feel and weight to it, and makes my cards even better looking (at least that's what I think.)

Kelly Paper has stores around the country.  You can go in and buy a single sheet to try out most times.  They sell by the ream and by the sheet usually.


I hope that this has been useful to you.  If you have any questions about where I get some of my supplies (or if you would like to share where you get YOUR supplies, please leave a comment!!)

Take care, Lis

No comments: