Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wish Collage Card

I really love collage.  I am taking a course online from Claudine Hellmuth on Composition so that I can have a better understanding of why some of my cards look "right" and others don't.  It's been enlightening.  During June I am sharingthe cards and compositions that I make during my class. Today's card is an Asymetrical Collage.

The card is called "Wish".


I like the way this card came out for several reasons.  I like the pink accent gems on the card.  You may not be able to see it but there is a very light pink swirl design in the background paper that I used and the gems pick it up.  The gems and the pink of the background relate back to the dark pink ribbon I used at the bottom.

The tag and sign post are made from kraft paper, I added some victorian violet and old paper dye inks to them.

Close Up!


I punched out a border design: one in paper and one in gold glossy.  I offset them so the gold shows through a little.  I think this gives them just enough gold accent. The paper I used to punch my border is from a black and white flower pattern.  It really worked out well because the pieces of flower pattern that show seem to look like "rays" which fits really well with the gold accents behind.


I hope you enjoyed today's card!

Lis

No comments: