Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Raw Steam

Hi everyone and welcome to my final steam punk inspired card. I call it "Raw Steam".

I use a black card base with a gold mat.  The paper is from DCWV.  The gears and letters are from silver glossy card stock and are decorated with brown pearls.

To make the title:
  1. I put down a line of tissue tape (Tim Holtz).
  2. I punched out five small tag spaces (Martha Stewart).
  3. I added the letters in silver glossy (Tim Holtz Typeset alphabet).
I was really pleased with how good the silver letters were against the gold background.  The silver gloosy card stock gives my card a real "steel" feel to it (sorry about the rhyming...I didn't do it on purpose! LOL)

I really love the Typeset alphabet.  The letters are not straight lined and have some real character to them.


I attached the gears to my card with mounting tape. Each gear is at a different level.  The mounting tape allows me to build up 1, 2, or three thicknesses so that I can overlap the gears. This makes it nicely three dimensional.

Close Up!

Although I used the word "steam" on my card, you could also use any other word.  You don't necessarily have to find a five-letter word either.  JOY, even LOVE (leave the center spot blank or put a heart there) would work.


 Being in a pearl phase (LOL), I added some pretty brown pearls to my gears!

I hope that you have enjoyed my steam punk inspired work this weekend.  I have enjoyed sharing it with you.  My hope is that you will be inspired to create something beautiful that you can share too!

Take care and see you next weekend!

Lis

No comments: