Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Flower Punk

Hi everyone!  Today's steam punk inspired card is using gears and clear gems to create a "flower" card.

I could have gone the traditional route and put some gears on top of stems and leaves.  I wanted to come up with something a little different.

The card below is made with an ivory card base, gold and purple mats and a yellow patterned paper.  The gears are purple (going back to the mat), a pretty salmon color, green, pink and gold.

The gears are decorated with clear gems and everything is tied together with a green ribbon.

One thing I didn't do was add gems all the way around each gear.  I think that by adding the gems to a portion of the gear (and not the same portion on each gear) that I was able to get some look of motion to the card.  What do you think?


The layout for this card goes to Bobbie, my good friend.  She and I were visiting in northern California a couple of weeks ago.  We were making this card and her design was really great so we decided to use it!

I added the four leaf clover as something fun for this card.  Also did you notice the string linking one gear to the next?  Look at the two gears with center gems.  I think I should have used something a little thicker and darker so that it would stand out, but the idea was a good one.

Close Up!

Come back tomorrow for my final card (and my favorite)!

Lis

No comments: