Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Pen Nib Butterfly Collage Card

I have been wanting to take some art classes so that I could learn a little more technique, rather than just winging it.  I found this great online class for Composition by Claudia Hellmuth who is a well known collage artist.  The class has been really fun AND very informative.  I am learning alot.

Anyway, each week I do one project to practice the new topic studied and then I do a card with it.  The following is my card.  The topic we studied the 2nd week in June was the horizon line.  I thought I would share my cards with you as I learn about composition!








Close Up!

I love how my butterfly turned out!  I added a pen nib for the body and added a few gems and a pearl.  Do you see the little brown butterfly on the wing of the bigger one?



Of course if I have something flying on my card, I need to have some swirls of bling! It kind of looks like the pen nib is writing in crystals too.



I used one of the new texture trades of Tim Holtz to emboss my "Post" flower. (The other one was embossed with one from the same set.)


I hope you enjoyed this card.  I look forward to sharing another one from my class!

Take care, Lis

No comments: