Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wish Card

Happy Wednesday!

I have a lovely card that I want share with you today called "Wish".

I used one of the new Kraft Glassine sheets that Ranger has put out.  Its pretty different as a medium to work with.  It doesn't take double stick tape at all well.  I am using tacky glue to adhere it to the card. 

  1. I embossed the sheet
  2. I rubbed Vintage Photo dye ink over the embossed parts to bring them out.
  3. I sprinkled drops of water on it after I heat set the ink.  I blotted these off again.
  4. I took my gold paint pen and made a puddle of ink on a piece of folder scrap paper and wiped smears of gold ink on the front.
  5. I heat set the piece again.
I have to say that the gold paint came out really well.  You can't really tell from the photo but the gold is really shiny.  It adds to the look of a handmade piece of paper.


I took some 1 1/2" webbing ribbon and created a fan.  I held the fan together with a brad.  I used grey sewing thread and attached my acrylic jewel.  I adhered the whole thing with a pop glue dot to my card.




I added the word "wish" to my card using mounting tape.  I used an Accucut die and cut out the word WISH from a piece of chipboard that I had covered with gold foil.

Thanks and come back again!
Lis

No comments: