Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Leaf and Bird Card

Hi everyone!  Well, today is the third and final card in my Leaf Motif card series.

I really love collage and the old fashioned style so this card reflects that.  I used Graphic 45 paper and paced strips of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape over it.  As you can see, the leaves (in gold) are showing from the tape.

I like the way that the tissue tape toned down the bright colors and design of the paper.  When you look at the card, the focal point is the bird, not the paper pattern.


I really love the rosettes I can make using the Sizzix dies available.  The dies make it very easy to create these wonderful embellishments!    The bird is a die cut from 7 Gypsies (another favorite of mine).  I added a bow around his neck and some white pearls.  I attached him to the rosette with glue dots.  Then I attached the bird and rosette to my card with more glue dots.


Close Up!

I really love the way that this card came out.  The colors and design all blend so nicely. (I really love the little birdie!)

Thanks for stopping by!

Lis

No comments: