Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Golden Gears Card

Welcome to a weekend of gears and steam punk! 

I was visiting a friend of mine in northern California and she asked me what steam punk was.  I told her that I thought it was a combination of Victorian and industrial imagery.  I'm not sure if that is the correct definition but that's kind of how I think about it.

I am crazy for gears!  Watch gears, clock gears, industrial gears...I can't seem to get enough.  Spellbinders has a set of gear dies that I have used in all of the cards I'm going to share with you this weekend.

My card for today (there are four total this weekend): Golden Gears

I used a really pretty paper from DCWV and added ribbons and gems to it.  Then I added the gears on top.  I used mounting tape so that I could add 1, 2, or 3 thicknesses so that the gears would lay over top one another.

I like the way the openness in the gears allows you to see what's behind it. (Hmmm, I wonder what cellophane would look like.  I may have to try that out too.)



I think I must be in a pearl phase.  I seem to be adding pearls to everything I make lately.  So, pearls with gears? Why not!

Close Up!

I think that adding pearls (or rhinestones!) make the card more feminine overall.

Come back tomorrow for Mardi Gras Punk~!

Lis

No comments: