Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Simple Bling Cards

Hi everyone!  Happy Friday!

I am sure that you have seen the large crystal and pearl swirl stickers at your local craft store and online.  Aren't they beautiful? Don't you wish you could use them on a card? Aren't they just too big for a card?

NOT AT ALL!

Today I want to show you an easy way to use these beautiful and elegant bling swirls for cards in an easy easy way!


I love the crystal swirls.  They come in so many colors of crystals. And now with the crystal and pearl combinations, its just too great!

I had to choose a paper that would not swallow up my crystal stickers.  Some paper patterns are just a bit too strong for this.  I settled on tiled patterns which Graphic 45 does very well.  I chose their Springtime and Curtain Call Lines.

The first card has a complete and uncut crystal and swirl accent on it.  The sticker doesn't detract from the paper.  The paper doesn't keep you from enjoying the bling. Perfect!


It is elegant and it only took me 5 minutes to make. (I did edge the paper in gold. This added a nice faux layer.)





The next card took me ten minutes to make because the sticker bling I purchased was about 9 inches long.  I cut it up into pieces and placed it on my card.


I cut out the major portion of the sticker to preserve most of the curve.  I placed this on my card first.  Then I cut pieces out and laid them along side the center part.  The butterflies are part of the sticker.



I hope you enjoyed today's quick and elegant card technique!

Lis

No comments: